Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Big Update

I had told everyone that this Dr. apt today would be uneventful...and I couldn't be more wrong. The nurse asked me if I wanted to be checked for signs of labor and I was curious so I said ok. Thank goodness I did, b/c the Dr. discovered that Carson has turned and is a "footling breech". So he mentioned that he could try to manually turn the baby which only has a 30% success rate given how far along I am, that there is not very much amniotic fluid left, and that I have never had children before. So he wants to do a C-section on Sunday, the 2nd. So I get to meet Carson then! I was a little upset and overwhelmed this morning, but am fine with it now. Its just not how I pictured it. I have appointed my sister-in-law, Becca to post pictures on her blog when she comes to visit me in the hospital, so next week keep an eye out for Carson's arrival update and pics on www.asouthernboyandacitygirl.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

The Ealum's said...

Joseph was breech as well. I opted for them not to turn b/c of the unsuccessful rate and he could turn back. Needless to say I was shocked too. Went to dr on Monday and had him the next day. You will do great and it isn't that bad. Recovery is a little tough but I know you will do great.Can't wait to see pictures of your little man!

Candace said...

YAY!!! I hope that all goes well throughout this week. Prayers and love to you guys!

The Sweet Life said...

So exciting!! I hope everything goes well!

April said...

How exciting! My Samuel's birthday is the 3rd! The birth of your first baby is SO exciting. We'll be praying for you & can't wait to see the pics!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait for Sunday to meet my new little nephew! Many Many pictures to follow!

KIMI said...

I am so excited for you guys....I cant wait to see pics of your precious baby boy!!!